The L2L Joint Digital Badge – PACT Commitment to Professional Development
The L2L joint digital badge is an initiative of the National Forum for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning and the Library Association of Ireland Career Development Group.
The librarian specific digital badge is aimed at teaching librarians or those seeking teaching roles. The course is an adaptation of the PACT commitment to Professional Development course from the National Forum. It will offer librarians an opportunity to record and reflect on their professional development by mapping CPD activities to both the National Forum PD framework and the LAI Professional Skills Base framework.
The course offers an opportunity to record and reflect on professional development by mapping CPD activities to both the National Forum PD framework and the LAI Professional Knowledge & Skills Base framework. It will offer the participants an opportunity to develop an ePortfolio to record and reflect on their CPD activities with particular emphasis on teaching and learning.
The course is facilitator led and runs over 6 weeks beginning the 4th October 2021. Participants will be offered the opportunity to take a further 2 weeks to earn the facilitator’s digital badge.
- Reflect on what is involved in making a commitment to your own Professional Development as a teaching librarian
- Explore and demonstrate familiarity with the National PD Framework and the LAI Professional Knowledge Skills Base Framework
- Create an ePortfolio to record and reflect on CPD activities
- Be informed by other librarians who have already used the PD Framework and Identify key actions from these conversations for your own PD practice
- Identify ‘next steps’ – moving from reflecting on PD to undertaking it
To register your interest please complete this form.