Exploration of my Approach to Professional Development
This section explores where I am now in relation to Professional Development (PD). The following are some critical questions to ask yourself…
- What is my Experience of PD?
- Why Does PD Matter to me?
- What do I want to learn using the PDF?
- How will I know I am doing this?
- What does the Professional Body I belong to say about my role?
- What PD supports are available to me in my Organization? Are these unique to my role? How do they compare to other roles?
- What do I know about my engagement with PD?
- What engagement do I have with a Professional Body to support my practice?
- What does the Professional Body do to support and recognize PD?
- Am I aware of the LAI/CILIP Professional Knowledge & Skills Base? Am I engaging with it and if so, what am I learning/working with?
- Am I writing?
- Am I contributing to the discipline and field of practice?
- What are my hopes, fears and expectations in using the PDF? It can be accessed here:https://www.teachingandlearning.ie/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/PD-Framework-FINAL-1.pdf